The easiest ways to increase the value of your home is not necessarily to under go major renovations. These can cost a lot of money and may become a major inconvenience while you are trying to prepare your home for sale in Owen Sound. The best option is to increase the perceived value of the home by making changes that affect how the first impressions of any potential Buyer. First impressions can be very powerful and can be the difference between receiving an offer, or not. Here are a few helpful tips to increase the value of your home with out making any major changes.
- Lighting – This may seem like a silly, or far too simple, solution but you would be surprised! Opening up blinds or curtains before a showing, or replacing the bulbs in light fixtures so they are brighter can make a huge difference. You don’t want to blind the Buyers, but you do want to make the spaces seem larger and well lit. No one likes a dark space; it can make you feel claustrophobic. This is especially true with older homes in Owen Sound.
- Don’t put off repairs – You may have been intending to replace the leaky faucet in the bathroom for a while, but now is the time to just do it. When a Buyer walks through your home and notices leaky, dripping faucets it makes them feel as though parts of the home have been neglected. This goes for other repairs as well. Patch the holes in walls, paint over the scuff marks on the doors or baseboards, fix any doors that stick, and any other little projects you may have been putting off.
- Organize – If you have all of your belongs neatly organized in their storage areas it will make the spaces seem bigger than they are. Most Buyers are looking for Owen Sound Homes for Sale that offer large amounts of storage, and making your house appear to offer a large amount of storage and space will really help to boost the perceived value of your home.
- Clean up your yard – First impressions are huge! People will make their minds up within seconds of seeing your home. Set them in the right direction by cleaning up your yard and making sure to landscape. If you are not confident in your own abilities, contact a professional landscaper to do the work for you. The finished product is worth the cost.
- Neutral wall colours – Not everyone has the same taste in paint, wallpaper, and decor. Re painting your walls to a neutral colour will help Buyers imagine their own furniture and decorative tastes in the home.
Benefits of quick upgrades before listing Owen Sound homes for sale
Whether you are planning to list, or your home has been on the Owen Sound Real Estate Market for a while now, a few inexpensive upgrades maybe just the ticket.