With winter hitting hard this year it’s time to start thinking about how to make your Owen Sound home more attractive to potential buyers, even with snow on the rooftops. Colder weather shouldn’t freeze your home’s exterior appearance. When looking for a home during winter, don’t let the snow distract you. Now is the perfect time to check out the Owen Sound winter Real Estate Market and a large number of buyer know this. Here are some tips to prepare to sell your home on the winter Real Estate Market.
- Safety First – The most important thing you can do is keep walkways and laneways clear; you can’t sell if the buyer can’t get to the door. Having a slip and fall is definitely not a good first impression. If you can’t do it yourself, consider hiring a professional in snow removal.
- Adequate Lighting – Outdoor lighting is important now that the days are shorter and it’s dark by the time a lot of people are getting off work. Light your driveway with path lights or flank the door with decorative sconces or lanterns to help make steps more visible and add a warmer feeling to the property.
- Liven It Up – With all the drab white the snow, it’s always nice to see a pop of colour. Whether it is your front door, some colourful pots or a brightly painted chair on the front porch, adding some colour will help make your home stand out. Adding in a custom mailbox is a neat way for people to remember your home, and you can take it with you when you leave.
- Don’t Neglect The Gardens – Many people disregard their hedges and gardens once the snow starts to fall. While the growing season may be over for the year, there is much wok to be done to ensure your plants will come back healthy and strong in the spring.
- Prevent Mess – During the winter there’s one constant with the slush and salt: mud. Don’t let mud get in the house when buyers come for a showing. Instead of relying solely on your doormat, invest in a boot scraper as this will help contain the messy, wet winter conditions to the front door area.
It’s not hard to keep up your curb appeal; it just takes a bit of elbow grease. If you are looking for more information on how to sell your Owen Sound Home this year, Shannon Deckers is just a phone call away. Always happy to help, she can assist you in selling your home for the highest possible amount.