Interior decorating is something anyone can do to spruce up Owen Sound Homes. While it seems like the New Year was just yesterday, trend forecasters are thinking well into 2017 with the do’s and don’ts. If you’re renovating, building, or thinking of how to show off the house for sale, look for the following trends to include, and those to avoid, for 2017.
What’s In for Owen Sound Homes
- Terracotta – Warm materials such as terracotta tiles are going to replace the currently popular cool and white tones. Instead of returning to the border tiles of the 80’s, they will have a natural matte finish and be used in bathrooms or cladding fireplaces as feature walls.
- Cork – Yes, cork is making a comeback, not only is it a stylish material that adds both texture and warmth to the space, it can also absorb noise in the increasingly large, open-concept homes. Plus you can use it to keep notes and such making it fashion and function.
- Dark Green – Say goodbye to your navy and midnight blues, dark green is the new must-have interior colour. Used in a feature piece of furniture or cushions as an accent it adds depth and brings colour.
- Upholstered Bedheads – Beds will go from timber frames to upholstered bedhead sets that have long been a staple in luxury hotel rooms and celebrity homes. Whether you opt for the classic neutral with buttons model, or a plush one in velvet, it’s an easy way to update and add glamour to your bedroom.
What’s Out For Owen Sound Homes
- Copper – It’s unanimous that copper and rose gold will be out by 2017. The oversaturation of inexpensive and shiny mock copper looks like you’ve tried too hard. A more industrial aesthetic will take over with black steel and burnished metals.
- Marble – Marble has been all the rage in the mass-produced home-wares market, but we can expect a decline. Marble has had a good run, but it’s time for a change. Look for raw earthy textures like timber, clay or wicker.
- Quote Artworks – After the years of popularity it’s finally time to move away from the quotes. “Keep Calm and…” has had it’s fame. At this point the only thing they are is cliché.
Of course there’s more trends, to see in time through the year, but keeping on top of them is a good way to show your pride in your home. Shannon Deckers can help you stage your home for the new season on the Owen Sound Real Estate Market.