Ontario is a great place to be buying or selling a home for a number of reasons:
- Ontario has one of the most advanced land registration systems in the world. Titles are easy to search for and to transfer. In Ontariomany of the title transfers are done electronically.
- Title Insurance is available in Ontario through at least 4 separate insurers. Title insurance provides broader protection at lower costs, and is useful in protecting against title fraud.
- Ontario has competent, well regulated professionals including Ontario real estate lawyers, bankers, mortgage brokers, and home inspectors. Of course, there are always unscrupulous professionals, so be carefull in selecting the professional that you will work with.
- The costs of buying, selling and owning real estate in Ontario are very reasonable. Mortgage rates have been at near record lows for the last three years; mortgages brokers are usually paid by the lender for finding the best mortgage rate for the buyer, and Ontario real estate lawyer’s fees and disbursements are reasonable in most areas due to competition.
- Ontario has mortgage insurance programs designed to help people with little or no down payment when buying homes, by allowing them to qualify for mortgage loans they would not otherwise qualify for.
- For U.S. residents and other non-residents of Canada, there are no penalties or hidden taxes when buying, but there may be capital gains taxes that must be paid on the sale if you have not become a resident of Canada.
Come see Shannon Deckers in Owen Sound today
RE/MAX Grey Bruce Realty Inc. Brokerage
837 2nd Ave E PO Box 1029 Owen Sound ON N4K 6K6